Rytwiany is a village located by the Czarna river, nearby the town of Staszów. In the past it was a home of Jastrzębiec family. According to Kolberg, around 1424, the village was possessed by archbishop Wojciech Jastrzębiec. In the 16th century it belonged to the Łaski family and , later to  the Potockis, who owned this land still during Kolberg’s day. ‘In the nearby forest’ there was a church and a monastery, which belonged formerly to the Camaldolese monks. The monastery was built in 1621 as a initiative of Jan Tęczyński, the governor of the Cracow province. In the neighbourhood of the village some graves of the members of the Opaliński family can be found, among others, the one of  Łukasz Opaliński, an author of satires. In Kolberg’s day the church in Rytwiany was at risk of becoming a ruin.In this region Kolberg focused mainly on a few places,  where he stayed longer, ‘some of them are Bilcza, Góry Wysokie by the Łukawa river, Rytwiany by the Czarna river’. On this basis we can suppose that he collected there plenty of material. Most of the documented customs and songs were popular also in nearby Staszów. Some of local wedding traditions include the preparation of wedding  twig with  red berries,white and green goose feathers, as well as apples, it has also seven branches tied up with red ribbon.
Kolberg collected here also a song with the name of the village. It says a story of a father and son who want to build a windmill on a hill near the village. Kolberg included also a scores for this song.